- Davis, Laura K. and Linda M. Morra, eds. Margaret Laurence and Jack McClelland, Letters. University of Alberta Press, 2018.
- Davis, Laura K. Margaret Laurence Writes Africa and Canada. Wilfrid Laurier University Press, 2017.
- Davis, Roger and Laura K. Davis. Essay Writing for Canadian Students, with Readings 9th Edition. Pearson, 2019 (8th edition, 2016, 7th edition, 2013)
- Davis, Laura and Cristina Santos, eds. The Monster Imagined: Humanity's Re: Creation of Monsters and Monstrosity. Inter-Disciplinary Press, 2010.
- "Canadian Multiculturalism and Strategies of Resistance in Joy Kogawa's Obasan." British Journal of Canadian Studies, vol. 25, no. 1, 2012, pp. 57-76.
- "Margaret Laurence's Correspondence with Imperial Oil: an Anti-Imperialist at Work." Journal of Canadian Studies, vol. 44, no. 1, 2010, pp. 60-74.
- "Margaret Laurence in Africa: The Prophet's Camel Bell. The Margaret Laurence Review, vol. 14, 2005, pp. 3-10.
- "Portrait of a Publisher: Jack McClelland and McClelland and Stewart in 1968." Canada in 1968: A Year and Its Legacies, edited by Andrew Holman, Christopher Kirkey, and Michael Hawes. University of Ottawa Press, 2020, forthcoming.
- "Identity and the Athlete: Alexander MacLeod's 'Miracle Mile.'" Writing the Body in Motion: A Critical Anthology on Canadian Sport Literature, edited by Angie Abdou and Jamie Dopp, Athabasca University Press, 2018, pp. 153-166.
- "Creating a New Multicultural Canada: Motherhood and Nationalism in Margaret Laurence's The Diviners." M(O)thering the Nation: Constructing and Resisting Regional and National Allegories Through the Maternal Body, edited by Lisa Bernstein, Cambridge Scholars Press, 2008, pp. 88-98.
- Review of Imagining Care: Responsibility, Dependency, and Canadian Literature, by Amelia DelFalco, University of Toronto Press, 2016. Letters in Canada, University of Toronto Quarterly, vol. 87, no. 3, 2018, pp. 391-2.
- "Voices on Alice Munro." Review of Alice Munro's Miraculous Art: Critical Essays, edited by Janice Fiamengo and Gerald Lynch, University of Ottawa Press, 2017, Canadian Literature: A Quarterly of Criticism and Review, forthcoming 2018.
- Review of Timing Canada: The Shifting Politics of Time in Canadian Literary Culture by Paul Huebener, McGill-Queen's University Press, 2015. British Journal of Canadian Studies, vol. 30, no. 2, 2017.
- Review of Discrepant Parallels: Cultural Implications of the Canada-US Border by Gillian Roberts. McGill-Queen's University Press, 2015. British Journal of Canadian Studies, vol. 30, no. 2, 2017.
- Review of Divining Margaret Laurence: A Critical Study of Her Writings by Nora Foster Stovel, University of Alberta Press, 2008. Ariel: A Review of International English Literature vol. 40. no. 4, 2009, pp. 154-7.
- Review of Margaret Laurence's Epic Imagination by Paul Comeau, University of Alberta Press, 2003. International Fiction Review, vol. 33, no. 1, 2006, pp. 104-6.
- Review of Long Drums and Cannons: Nigerian Dramatists and Novelists, 1952-1966 by Margaret Laurence, edited by Nora Foster Stovel, University of Alberta Press, 2001. International Fiction Review, vol. 33, no. 1, 2006, pp. 112-14.
Scholarly Book Reviews of My Work
Note: see "media" section for general interest reviews and articles on my work.
- Beverly, Andrea. "[Review of] Margaret Laurence Writes Africa and Canada." American Review of Canadian Studies, vol 48, no 4, 2018, pp. 434-5. DOI: 10.1080/02722011.2018.1531588.
- Weingarten, Jeffrey Aaron. "Remembering Margaret Laurence and Jack McClelland." Canadian Literature: A Quarterly of Criticism and Review, 239, 2020, pp. 148-50. https://canlit.ca/article/remembering-margaret-laurence-and-jack-mcclelland/
Laura K Davis
Educator | Scholar | Writer
Educator | Scholar | Writer